How to make a saddle in Minecraft
This guide will walk you through the Saddles in Minecraft. It will explain what Saddles are, how they can serve, and much more
Minecraft has a variety of peaceful mobs that players can interact with. Players can tame these mobs and can make them their pets. These can be used to hunt down other mobs as well as transport.
In Minecraft, the saddle is an uncraftable item. That means it cannot be obtained from the crafting table. It's one of the few items that you have to find in Minecraft's world and obtain it.
Where to find Saddles?
- Dungeons (28.3%) The greatest spot to look for a saddle is in the underground dungeons. In the chests, they have a chance to spawn a saddle.
- Desert temples (23.5%) Make your way to the temple's center. You will come across a hole. It will take you to a chamber below ground level. There are four chests, however, the secret mechanism must be avoided.
- Jungle temples (12.9%) Due to the branches and vines, jungle temples are much more difficult to find what you're looking for than desert temples. Before attempting to acquire the temple's valuables, go inside, climb down the stairs, and disable all traps.
- Nether Fortress (35.3%) Another wonderful area to look for a saddle is the Nether Fortress in the Nether Realm. The possibility of one spawning in this place, however, is lower than in the Dungeon Chest.
- End City (13.3%) To reach the End City, you must first travel to the End and defeat the Ender Dragon. After conquering it, you must travel to the End City through a small portal using an Ender Pearl.
- Strongholds (2.5%) Strongholds, like jungle temples, are tough to locate. These places, however, are not concealed by vegetation. Instead, they've been buried deep beneath with no way out.
- Villages Saddles can be obtained from Blacksmiths and Tanners' chests in every village. Saddles can also be found in Savanna houses. The possibilities for these three specific chests are as follows:
- Blacksmith chests (16.2%)
- Tanner chests (17.3%)
- Savanna house chests (11.3%)
Trade for it
Leatherworker villagers can provide you with a saddle. The villager will not offer a saddle until it reaches Level 3, so you'll have to level him up first. This is done by exchanging emeralds, leather, rabbit hide, and whatever else the villager wants. Unfortunately, you can't keep leveling up the villager in one visit. He will eventually run out of items to trade.
Fish for it
With only a 0.8 percent likelihood of producing a saddle, this is the least likely option. A trail of bubbles will appear on the surface of the water. That means something is lurking beneath the surface. By fishing, you have a slim possibility of catching a saddle. You can, however, enchant your fishing rod, though, to increase your chances of acquiring rare items like Saddle.
In which mobs can you put a saddle
- Skeleton Horses
How to use the saddle
- To tame a horse, make sure you're empty-handed and follow these steps:
- PC: Press the right-click button.
- Console: Press the left trigger.
- Mobile: Tap the Mount button.
- The horse may try to buck you off. If it does, go back to step 1 and repeat the process until the horse gives up.
- Open your inventory while remaining seated on the horse. The inventory of the horse should be merged with yours. Drag the saddle from your inventory to the gray saddle icon in the top square.
Now that the horse is saddled, you can ride it wherever you wish.
- To dismount, follow these steps:
- PC: Press the left Shift key.
- Console: Press down on the Right Stick.
- Mobile: Tap the Center button twice.
Alright, we've come to the end of another article. That's everything you need to know about Saddles in Minecraft. I hope you were able to get the answer you were looking for. Take care and Stay Safe!
This article was written by JokerGR, published on
Jok3r is a columnist at Crafty. Spends time learning new things about Minecraft and writing articles about them. He likes what he does and will guide you through some questions you may have about Minecraft as best as he can